This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.
Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Register
NABT’s COVID-19 Resources

The health, safety and livelihood of our trustee community remains NABT’s top concern as COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, continues its spread around the world. NABT is collecting information and resources shared by our fellow members and the bankruptcy community and sharing it via this resource page. If you have information to share, you may do so here.

Resources Available

 

NABT 2020 Annual Conference

The Executive Committee of NABT made the difficult decision to cancel our in-person Annual Conference. We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. The Advisory Committee for re-opening DC submitted its recommendations to the Mayor which included a four-stage plan. This plan prohibits meetings of 250 people or more until Phase Four, which will require a vaccine or other cure that has been widely administered or the disease has effectively disappeared. Last week, Mayor Bowser ordered DC to begin Phase One with future phases to be ordered when ready.
 
In light of the recommended reopening plan, the existing governmental restrictions and prohibitions, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (“CDC”) continued guidance to avoid social interaction and large gatherings, we believe that to move ahead with our event would be at great detriment to the health and safety of our attendees and the Washington, DC community at large. 

We are currently exploring options to offer the education already planned via virtual platforms. We will start moving forward with those plans at once.

We will be in touch soon with information regarding the virtual conference. In the meantime, if you have already made your hotel reservations, be sure to cancel them and any other travel arrangements ASAP. If you have already paid your registration fee for this conference, we will be in touch with you individually regarding your refund options. Please let us know if you have any questions.

 

Latest News from UST Office

Update March 30, 2020

NABT Listserv post from Marc Barmat: Jason Gold (President) and I (UST Liaison) participated in a phone call with Director, Cliff White and various members of the EOUST office regarding the current status of issues related to COVID-19. The EOUST, USTs and AUSTs express their appreciation for the cooperation they have received from panel trustees throughout the country. Trustees are encouraged to work out issues that arise with local offices. If there are any patterns of issues that arise, please let Jason or me know so we can address it with Director White.

Most of you have probably already heard from your AUSTs. 1200 conference lines have been obtained for Trustees to use for their 341 meetings. Each Trustee will have their own assigned teleconference number. Several hundred recorders have also been obtained and will be distributed to individual Trustees. The UST is working with the Clerks so that generic continuance notices will go out on continued cases. Apparently, 90% of the Clerks will be issuing the re-notices. The UST continues to work with the remaining 10% of Clerks. Debtor audits have been suspended until further notice.

 

Example Documents Shared by Members

Email to Debtor Attorneys Sample: Provided by Kelly Hagan

Notice of Virtual 341 Meeting Sample: Provided by Julie K. Zurn

Notice of Virtual 341 Meeting Sample: Provided by Gary Seitz

ZOOM Pricing Plans: Provided by Zoom Website

ZOOM Helpful Hints: Provided by Zoom Website

GoToMeeting Pricing Plans: Provided by GoToMeeting Website

Identification Affidavit 2020

Using DropBox to Upload 341(A) Audio Files

 

NABT Virtual Series

NABT is hosting virtual meetings on a regular basis for members to share ideas and resources during this time. We will do brief recaps of things discussed at each meeting. We will also share resources and examples as they have been provided. Recordings of the meetings are also available.

For more information on our Virtual Series, click here.

  

Other Resources

COVID-19 Health Organization’s Information

COVID-19 Business Resources

COVID-19 Personal Resources